I’ve been craving steamed vegetarian fish for a long time, and I finally have all the ingredients in my mind to make this dish. I must say that the lemon really complement the saltiness of the pickled mustard (hum choy) well.
- Vegetarian salmon, about 3 cm thick slices
- Soft tofu, about 3cm thick slices
- Pickled mustard (hum choy), dice the stems, use the leaves as base layer
- Tomatoes, sliced or halved (if using cherry tomatoes)
- Lemon juice and slices
- Ginge, sliced
- Enoki mushrooms
- Cilantro, chopped
- Soy sauce
- Salt & white pepper to taste
- Lay the pickled mustard leaves as the base in a plate.
- Arrange the ginger, fish and tofu according to your liking.
- Sprinkle the chopped pickled mustard stems and tomatoes around the fish and tofu.
- Pour lemon juice and a dash of soy sauce, salt and pepper onto the dish and arrange lemon slices on top of the fish and tofu.
- Steam the dish forabout 30 minutes. I’m not sure how long a normal fish would take to cook, so please make sure that your fish is cooked if you’re not using vegetarian salmon.
- Sprinkle enoki mushrooms on the dish when the dish is done. Turn of the heat and replace the cover to allow the heat to just soften the enoki mushrooms.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.
Preparation & cooking time: 45 minutes (15 to prepare, 30 to steam)…. 10 mins to eat… LOL…