First course I made for my Andy’s birthday dinner… and I sliced a big chunk of my finger and couldn’t cook the rest . All big chefs are bound to have kitchen accidents right? I chopped off half of my nail this time, gonna take at least 2 months to grow back .. *sob*sob* Anyway, this is the salad… the sauce is really good for almost evertyhing I think 😛
This is an adapted recipe from this site.
- 1 medium sweet potato, washed and finely sliced into rounds
- 1/2 lebanese cucumber, finely sliced into rounds
- 1 tbsp black mustard seeds, toasted
- 1 large handful parsley (or mint) leaves, washed and chopped
- 300ml natural yogurt
- Small lemon, juiced
- Toast black mustard seeds in oven @ 350 degree Fahrenheit, or dry-fry in frypan, until fragrant.
- Season sweet potato rounds with olive oil, salt & pepper. Roast in 400 deg F oven for 30 mins or until the edges start to brown. Allow to cool and toss gently with cucumber, half of the toasted mustard, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Finely chop mint / parsley and add to yogurt and lemon juice in a small bowl. Add in the rest of the toasted mustard seed. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Place salad on plates and drizzle with yogurt dressing to serve or serve dressing in a bowl as an Indian-style accompaniment.