(Courtesy of The Diva Diner)
Oh wow… maybe one day I’ll be able to make these cute cookies!
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
- Heat oven to 375°F. Combine sugar, butter, egg and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Reduce speed to low; add flour, baking powder and salt. Beat, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
- Divide dough in half. Place half of dough in medium bowl. Stir in chocolate by hand.
For each teddy bear, form a portion of either color dough into one large (1-inch) ball for body, one medium (3/4-inch) ball for head, four small (1/2-inch) balls for arms and legs, two smaller balls for ears. Add additional small balls for eyes, nose and mouth, if desired.
- Repeat with remaining dough, making either vanilla or chocolate teddy bears or mixing the doughs to make two-toned teddy bears.
- To form each cookie, place large ball (body) on ungreased cookie sheet; flatten slightly. Attach head, arms, legs and ears by overlapping slightly onto body. Add nose, eyes and mouth. Use fork to make claws on paws. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until body is set. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet. Cool completely.
- TIP: If desired, decorate cookies with frosting.