In response to my friend, Daisy who loves eggplant/brinjal but has run out of ideas of how to cook them, I found this very easy recipe. Good luck, Daisy! Let me know how this turns out, sounds sooo easy!
This Southern eggplant scallop recipe is an eggplant casserole made with eggplant, cheese, eggs, milk, and other ingredients.
- 3 medium eggplant, peeled, sliced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup grated onion
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cracker crumbs
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack
- Cook eggplant in boiling salted water until tender. Drain and mash. Add butter, grated onion, and salt and pepper to taste; blend well.
- Beat eggs with milk; stir into the eggplant mixture. Stir in cracker crumbs and half of the cheese.
- Bake in a 2 1/2-quart casserole at 350° for 45 minutes, or until set in center.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and continue to bake until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Serves 8 to 10.